Application Support Assistant
Full time 37 hours
RG5 – 22-25
£27,041 - £29,577
The Application Support Assistant’s will be carrying out first-line application support activities, most notably the Mosaic social care system. The role involves building and maintaining an understanding of the council’s applications and the business context in which they are being used by working closely with application specialists, and establishing effective relationships with users, internal IT colleagues and application suppliers.
About the role
Our ICT estate is provided via a number of Service Towers including Service Desk, End User Services, Hosting Unified Communications and Networks, all ICT requirements for 66 sites and approximately 2200 users.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In conjunction with the service desk provide first line application support of RBC’s business applications initially focused to Mosaic.
- Ensure that first-line application support issues are recorded, and any resolution is captured accurately on the relevant call logging software.
- Resolve first-line application support issues - typically incidents or service requests - for RBC line of business applications.
- Identify recurring and/or related patterns of incident/request and take appropriate action to mitigate.
- Ensure issues or incidents with no known underlying root cause have appropriate records created for escalation to second-line support.
- Ensure that the right technical information to help with resolution is accessible to facilitate second line support.
- Maintain understanding of business criticality and key business stakeholders for any service that they are providing support for, including any service levels that apply to response and resolution.
- Allocate support issues to other resolver group queues as appropriate and escalate service issues up the service management chain promptly when appropriate.
- Support users during the deployment of new applications and changes to applications.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Minimum of 1 year’s in an ICT or customer support environment
- Application support including the resolution of support issues
- Working in a triage environment and the use of escalation processes for unresolved issues
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience training and supporting staff
- Can demonstrate experience working with Service Management tools used to log and capture service support/request issues
- Knowledge of key line of business applications in use at RBC, Mosaic knowledge is desirable
- Willingness to work compressed/extended hours during crucial stages of managed projects.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th July
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success