LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Part-Time Pool Lecturers – Family & Community Learning:
Hourly rate £23.38 - £32.10
Pro-rata salary £21,687 - £30,266 (including London Weighting)
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service is the local authority’s direct provider of adult and community education and work-based training. Officially rated as “Good” following our OFSTED inspection in July 2016, join our team on our journey to “Outstanding.”
We are seeking to appoint lecturers to deliver Family & Community Learning programmes.
Are you creative and flexible?
Can you inspire and motivate a diverse range of learners?
- A qualified primary school teacher looking for part-time teaching opportunities or
- An adult learning lecturer with a relevant teaching qualification e.g. CTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed, or
- A subject specialist with or working towards a relevant Level 3 subject qualification or
- An industry specialist willing to complete an initial teaching qualification.
We offer a range of provision across the local community, which is both bespoke and responsive, meeting needs on a very localised level. Therefore, we are looking for someone who is adaptable and flexible and can deliver during the day, evening, and weekends
We are looking to recruit innovative pool (tutors) lecturers for the coming academic year. You should be confident delivering online or a blended learning approach and have experience delivering to adults, and activities that involve parents/carers together with young children.
We are looking to expand our teaching team, so if you can teach across any of these areas, please do get in touch.
- (STEM) Primary Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
- Horticulture and gardening
- Dance, fitness, exercise, and Keep Fit, i.e., yoga, Bollywood dancing
- Creative Art and Crafts
- Wellbeing & Healthy Lifestyle including First Aid
- Fashion/ Sewing / Floristy
- Basic digital skills and online safety
- Basic Coding
- Maths and English
If you have the expertise to support adults or children (or both) to develop their skills in any of these areas and you are committed to being an outstanding practitioner, then this is a role for you!
Candidates must have a high level of expertise in their chosen field and an in-depth knowledge of the subject they wish to teach.
Family & Community Learning courses benefits adults and children, through improved health and well-being, increased engagement with society, positive attitudes to learning, greater confidence and employability for adults, and improvements to children’s development and attainment.
Closing date 29th August
Shortlisting date 31st August
Interview date 7th September
For an application form and Job Description please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/apply-council-job