We are investing in an improved Library Service. To provide better opportunities for our residents.
We are always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Create exciting spaces that our residents want to spend time in? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. There’ll always be room for your ideas here and having the opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest...
What it's llike working for our team...
This is an exciting time to join Bracknell Forest Libraries as we are rolling out Open+ technology to extend opening hours, rather like 24-hour gyms, in all 9 Libraries. You will be joining a team of 36 staff plus volunteers, committed to delivering our core offers and wide-ranging events’ programme, providing an excellent service to all of our customers.
The post-holder will work an average of 28 hours per week in all Libraries in the Borough, working two Saturdays out of three, with Tuesdays as the corresponding day off during the weeks when Saturdays are worked. As the purpose of the role is to provide cover when and wherever required, the hours and locations of work will vary each week and the hours are not fixed. The postholder must, therefore, be able to work flexibly and travel between branches.
You will be supported to carry out he following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Provide a high quality service to the public via all service points within Bracknell Forest Borough Council, answering information enquiries in person, by telephone, and digitally, and to support customers in the use of ICT / printing facilities.
- Assist customers to issue, return and renew items of stock using the self-service kiosks.
- Promote areas of stock by creating and updating new monthly displays.
- Assist with the organisation and running of activities and events for all age groups to generate library income, including the sale of goods and services as required.
- Support volunteers allocated to branches, assisting with their training and helping them to feel part of the team.
The benefits you will experince are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic person, with a passion for customer care and with strong ICT skills, who can make a positive contribution to the team. You will also show determination and resilience to achieve results.
Interview date: Friday 6th August 2021
Want to ask a question?
For an informal discussion or toask any questions about this role please contact:
Name Sharon Pickles
Job Title Central Services Manager
Phone Number 01344 352403
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.