We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Support Officer (Surveying & Voids) to join our team in Waterloo. This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based. You will join us on a full-time, fiexd term contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,071-£29,000 per annum.
About the Business Support Officer (Surveying & Voids) role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and experienced Support Officers to join the Support Team. The team provides support to the wider Surveying & Voids Team, and is the liaison between our Surveyors and customers.
This is a fast paced and varied role, dealing with complex sensitive cases and requires a dedicated and reliable individual who is willing to learn and hopefully expand their knowledge within the service.
Responsibilities of our Business Support Officer (Surveying & Voids):
- Deal with routine enquires from external agencies, internal customers and stakeholders in a professional manner within pre-agreed departmental and company timeframes
- Support the Peabody Complaints Team in the investigation, management and response to complaints from customers
- Manage enquires and requests for service via the telephone, computer and all other means of communication that come from internal and external customers
- Support the teams with preparing project programmes using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel to track projects from inception to the end of the Defects Liability period. This shall include management of the supply chain and programme to ensure continuous work flow
- Monitoring progress of works with special emphasis on works in progress liaising with the supply chain to ensure works are completed in target, raising works orders for the supply chain, monitor outcomes and completion targets
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, to coordinate programmes of repair work and improvements
- Arrange meetings and training seminars, confirming dates, venues and attendance as necessary, preparing meeting rooms and organising any required equipment, collating papers for distribution, ordering and / or providing refreshments, and taking minutes when requested
- Collect the department’s post during the day and to scan and distribute each item of mail to relevant staff as quickly and as accurately as possible
As our Business Support Officer (Surveying & Voids), we are looking for:
- Educated to A-Level, NVQ 3 or equivalent or extensive experience in a similar role
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of raising, monitoring and recording work orders though a relevant housing / repair management system
- Experience in coordinating and following up on work programmes
- Experience in investigating and reporting on numerous sources of data
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of people including clients, staff, contractors and external agencies
- Some experience with high profile legal cases
- Experience in diary management and appointment scheduling
- Knowledge and understanding of an administration service and problem solving
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Business Support Officer (Surveying & Voids), please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST