Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
Once our houses are built, they are let to people who cannot afford to buy or rent at full market values. The majority of our properties are offered to people on local authority housing lists to rent. We also manage homes to let at intermediate rents, for people saving for a deposit, and shared ownership homes, which help people make their first step on the housing ladder.
We currently have a vacancy for a Housing Management Administrator to join our Housing team.
The role will involve:
- Providing administrative support to Housing Officers dealing with housing management issues including car parking permits, assisting in the lettings process, sending out newsletters and standard correspondence including warning letters and general estate letters and notifications of meetings.
- Liaising with appropriate agencies / internal departments to deal with issues such as lettings, abandoned vehicles, bulk rubbish removal, recycling bins etc as required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and statistics as required.
- Processing of all applications for garages and car parking spaces, and carry out the related administrative tasks.
- Ensuring detailed information is obtained from tenants, updating records and keeping accurate records of customer contacts, including complaints.
- To ensure that the presentation of the service provided to tenants and others is professional, positive, friendly and helpful at all times, and in line with the Association`s Customer Charter.
- To provide mutual support for the Customer Services Team, including cover for reception, as required
- Occasional accompanied visits with Housing Officer
- General administration.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ideally, experience of working within a housing association
- Excellent planning, organising & time management skills essential
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrable experience in dealing with queries and complaints whilst maintaining an excellent telephone manner
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £23,625 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Closing date: Sunday 8th August 2021
Interviews: Friday 13th August 2021
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.