Tel: 01708 932710
Headteacher: Raheel Akhtar
Start Date: September 2021 (Fixed term contract for a year, with a strong chance of becoming permanent)
Salary: Grade 1/2 SCP 1-5 NJC Outer London 2020. £16,520 to £17,718 pro rata (FTE £20,685 to £22,185)
Hours: Part time (33.75 hours per week) Term time.
Additional Info: There is no parking available with this position
Do you want to join an outstanding new school looking to appoint an ambitious and inspirational teaching assistant?
Concordia Academy opened as a new free school in 2016. In 2018, we moved into our superb new purpose-built site on Union Road in Romford. We are offering you:
- the opportunity to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art building
- fantastic opportunities for career development and progression
- the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new project and to help shape the direction of a new school
- extensive professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills
About the Role
The Teaching Assistant is a member of a team of practitioners responsible for the education and care of the children in the school. The Teaching Assistant will advance student learning; implement work programmes for individuals/groups and supervise physical/general care of students, including those with SEN; enable access to learning for students and assist the teacher in the management of students and the classroom.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed applicant who:
- has experience of working with children (essential) with specific needs in class, small groups and in 1:1 situations
- has English and Maths Grade C GCSE or equivalent (essential)
- has NVQ Level 2 (or above)
- is firm, kind, patient, consistent and approachable
- is friendly, ready to join in and engage with learning with the children
We would welcome applications from people who have experience in the following, although training would be available for the right candidates:
- Cognition & Learning
- Language & Social Interaction
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Sensory Processing
Visits to the school are on hold due to Covid-19 restrictions. However, if you would like an informal chat about the role then please contact us and ask to speak to the headteacher.
The contact details are: Raheel Akhtar (Headteacher)
Tel: 01708 932710
How to apply:
You are invited to submit an application form to Raheel Akhtar (Headteacher) at email@example.com
REAch2 Academy Trust have an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment. Applicants are requested to complete the Trust’s online Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form separately. The link for this form can be found in the Application Pack.
Closing Date: Friday 23 July 2021 at midday
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.