Knowsley Council invites applications for the post of Group Manager (Investment, Maintenance and Compliance) within the Assets Service.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic local authority with the successful candidate having specific responsibility to ensure the Council’s operational property assets are efficiently and effectively maintained, compliant and fit for purpose to facilitate the provision of excellent services through collaboration with Elected Members, partner organisations and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will play a key role in providing leadership to the Investment, Maintenance and Compliance Teams. Alongside a number of specific regeneration project priorities, the postholder will also provide direct support to the Head of Assets.
You will manage services in relation to the following:
- The delivery of a complex programme of capital building improvement and demolition schemes;
- The implementation of the Council’s school buildings improvement programme;
- Implementation and management of construction contracts;
- Efficiently manage building compliance risk of the Council’s operational properties and health and safety risks of all the functions delivered across the Assets Service;
- Responding to the changing requirements of the Council’s service delivery models;
- Provision of high-quality professional property advice to the council to support decisions making.
You will be an outstanding leader with exceptional communication and engagement skills, along with a track record of improving and transforming services. You will need to be forward thinking, single minded, determined, flexible and able to develop successful relationships with senior officers, Elected Members, partner agencies and high performing teams. You will have the diplomacy skills to maintain good working relationships at all levels.
If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion, please contact:Andy Lawman, Head of Assets on 0151 443 3384 (after 16 August 2021) or at email@example.com
Interviews to be held week commencing 6 September 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 6 September 2021.