Band D SCP 7 to Band E SCP 11 – depending on experience
Part time 33.50 hours per week – 38 weeks per year
Fixed Term to 31/08/2022
Required from September 2021
There may be an opportunity for this post to become permanent
Our over-subscribed Academy is looking to appoint an experienced, skilled and compassionate Curriculum Support Worker (CSW) to support pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Academy is truly comprehensive in its intake and is proud of its outstanding pastoral care for our most vulnerable children and young people. The Academy has a significant SEND population, including a Local Authority Resourced Provision for children with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Nurture / Enhanced Curriculum groups across all year groups, in addition to supporting children in mainstream.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with teaching staff to support teaching and learning to ensure progress and attainment for pupils with SEND
- Delivering interventions to individuals and small groups of children depending on need
- Facilitating effective and creative strategies to maximise engagement of learners
- Developing effective working relationships with children with SEND and their parents/carers
- Liaising with pastoral staff to provide holistic support to children with SEND
- Facilitating examination concessions such as reading, prompting and scribing
Further details and an application pack can be obtained from the Academy’s website https://oldershaw.wirral.sch.uk/job-vacancies/3581.html
Your application form, covering letter and CV supporting your application should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include details of two referees.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer and positively welcomes applications from all people regardless of their sex, creed, marital status, race, age, disability, sexual orientation.
Closing Date: Noon 5th August 2021
Interviews: 10th August 2021
The Oldershaw Academy
Tel: 0151 638 2800