Foster Carers Change Lives, Could You?
Earn up to £420+ per week plus additional tax benefits
Location: Home based, Countywide
Do you want to develop a vocation in childcare?
Do you have room in your home and heart to give a child a stable, safe and nurturing family life?
Are you interested in earning and learning while making a difference to children's lives?
There are over 900 children in care in Surrey, a large number of these children need homes with foster carers. Foster carers are expected to provide a warm and loving family environment where a child's emotional needs will be supported. The role of a foster carer includes the 'usual' tasks expected of parents and guardians such as taking children to and from school, attending meetings, supporting contact with family members, visiting friends and advocating for the child.
As a Foster Carer for Surrey County Council you will benefit from:
- An experienced foster carer 'buddy'
- A bespoke training package
- One-to-one support from your own supervising social worker
- The chance to build good support networks with other foster carers in your area
- Generous allowances paid for each child in your care
- 24-hour emergency support
- Fostering Network membership
- National Association of Therapeutic Parents (NATP) membership
- Regular social events and support groups
- Participation in the Mockingbird Family Model
- Opportunities to gain accredited qualifications
- The reward of making a difference to a child's life
We are actively recruiting foster carers from all walks of life. You don't need to own your home, be in a relationship nor have your own children to foster and you can continue to work and foster in some instances.
As a Foster Carer you will need to be understanding, resilient and able to develop trusting relationships with children. You will need to be prepared that some children may display challenging behaviours as a result of their life experiences. Foster carers need to have some experience of caring for children but this does not need to have been in a formal setting.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a foster carer, take a look at our website or give our friendly team a call on 0800 096 9626.