<!-- x-tinymce/html -->
Job Title: Trainee Solicitor
Salary Range: £25,481 - £34,728 p.a.
Hours: 37 per week (Full-Time)
Contract: Fixed Term -2 years, HCC is looking to recruit two trainees, one to commence in November 2021, with the second to commence in January 2022.
Employer Pension Contribution: HCC Employer contribution is 20.6% (it is reviewed once every 3 years and is a defined benefit scheme)
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Hertfordshire County Council offers an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organised individual to join a large and thriving public sector legal team. We are looking to two new trainees to support and enrich our existing team.
The Lexcel accredited Legal Services is based in the beautiful Grade II listed County Hall in Hertford, within easy reach by train of North and East London. With over 100 employees, it is one of the largest legal departments in local government and provides a full legal service across all specialisms to both the Council and to other public sector bodies.
What does the role require:
- Assist lawyers and legal officers in a full range of activities across the disciplines as required.
- Attend training events with a view to learning about local government law, practice and procedure.
- Keep up to date with law and practice, participate in internal training and contribute to delivering training
- Participate in team meetings, attend networking events and contribute to business development
What are we looking for in a Trainee:
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) and have passed the Legal Practice course
- Relevant legal work experience.
- Ability to build and develop professional contacts and relationships in order to provide a responsive and efficient service to clients
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
For an informal discussion and more information about these posts please contact Gavin Milnthorpe, Head of Property & Planning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07816076091
Closing Date: 23rd August 2021
Interview Date: w/c 27th September 2021
Issue of written assessment: w/c 6th September 2021.
Please note: After the closing date all the applications received will be reviewed and those applications shortlisted will be given a written task w/c 6th September 2021. You will be given 1 week to complete the task. Final candidates will be shortlisted based on the task and will be invited for interview.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- High calibre work within a friendly and talented team
- Investment in skills and training to develop specialist knowledge
- Structured career progression
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes