Folkestone & Hythe District Council Housing Service are looking for someone to join our very small and friendly Housing Caretaking Team.
It’s a dirty job, but someone has got to do it! You will spend a lot of your time litter-picking, clearing up shared dustbin areas and moving fly-tip or bulky waste. It’s not for everyone but if you can work hard, have great customer service skills and love to see a job well done, then we want to hear from you.
The main duties include
• Attending our Housing sites to carry out regular caretaking duties such as litter picking and tidying refuse bin areas
• Removing fly-tip and bulky waste to a central collection point.
• Reporting issues and problems and making sure they get resolved
• Carry out minor non-electrical repairs to communal areas such as door closers, stair treads, graffiti removal and patch re-decoration
We are looking for someone who
• Is committed to keeping our housing sites looking as good as possible
• Can manage outdoor physical work
• Enjoys meeting with and talking to the public
• Has high standards and wants to see a job well done
• Has a current driving license and the ability to drive a small van
In return we can offer access to corporate memberships and rewards, Employee Assistance Programme, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.