Start Date: September 2021
1 Year temporary position (Conditional to the child remaining at St Helen’s. Should the child leave then the post will cease)
Location: St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School, Cliffe, Rochester, Kent
St. Helen’s Church of England Primary School is a friendly, single form entry, voluntary controlled school situated in the village of Cliffe on the Hoo Peninsula. We enjoy a peaceful, village location in a one storey building with extensive grounds.
Our school motto is “Playing together, learning together, growing together” and this is reinforced by the Christian ethos that underpins the school’s values.
We are at the heart of our community and use the strong links we have built up to provide context and depth to our wider learning objectives.
The children are proud of their school and their community and at St. Helen’s we provide a safe and productive learning environment for them to thrive and grow into confident contributing members of the community. We encourage our children to learn alongside and from each other. We seize upon cross curricular opportunities and make the most of our school grounds and village setting for supporting cross curricular learning to ensure that learning is memorable and fun.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to provide support for a child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). The role will involve working with the child in the classroom and supporting the learning as directed by the teacher.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who is:
• Able to assist and support a pupil diagnosed with ASD, ADHD, social communication disorder, anxiety and sensory processing difficulties who has an EHCP.
• Able to make or modify resources as suggested by the class teacher, SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies
• Enthusiastic and highly motivated
• Has experience of working in Key Stage 2
In return we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• A vibrant staff team
• Beautiful grounds and excellent resources
• Continuing Professional Development
• Supportive and caring parents and governors that want the best for our children
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school office 01634 220246. To find out more about our school please visit our website http://www.sthelens.medway.sch.uk or contact the Head Teacher (01634 220246) for an informal discussion or email email@example.com
Interviews: Week commencing 20th September 2021
Equal Opportunities This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check