An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen working across Bracknell Forest, Reading and Wokingham to reduce drug related offending and increase engagement in treatment service.
This role is pivotal in supporting the reduction of drug and alcohol related offending and supporting people within the criminal justice system to access community drug and alcohols services in a timely fashion.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why these posts will support people to reduce their levels of offending, engage with services and re-integrate into the community. We’re working towards success for our clients. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest...
What it's like working in our team...
Drug related offening can lead to custodial sentences and does not only effect the individual. It also affects their families and the wider community. Working with criminal justice settings such as custody suites, courts and probation office wil allow us the engage with offenders at the earliest opportunity and support them to change their lives and build a better future.
Working across three local authorities will be both challenging and rewarding. You will be dealing with three different services who may all have slightly different processes. However team working will be essential in ensuring that this service is successful and you will have an opportunity to build and develop relationships acoss each team which will benefit the indivudals who access the service.
Relationships with custody, probation and liaison and diverson staff will allow you to optimise opportunities to prevent people being sentenced to prison.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Increase the number of IOMs in treatment and maintained in treatment to reduce the cycle of offending behaviour and harm caused to the community by providing intensive support for this cohort who reside in Bracknell Forest, Reading & Wokingham.
- Actively re-engage service users that DNA appts, supported by the Police Liaison Recovery Champion.
- Support the Police in any County Lines and/or cuckooing action to support those vulnerable into treatment e.g. warrants/operations
- To carry out initial screening / assessments of persons detained in specified custody suite for drug and alcohol e.g. triage and comprehensive assessments, within a range of criminal justice settings including court, probation and prisons. To carry out risk assessments in accordance with organisational and local protocols and risk management plans to address and manage identified risks.
- Recognise indications of alcohol and drug misuse. Identify and establish contact with alcohol and drug (mis)users in a variety of criminal justice settings.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers
What We're looking for...
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the criminal justcue system and knowledge and understand of the impact of drug related offending. They will be in a position to develop working realtioships with both criminal justice and community partners to optimise opportunities to engage individuals
Interview Date: 11/08/2021
Want to ask a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions please contact:
Head of Drug and Alcohol Services