Job Description for Social Worker in the Post Order Team
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic social worker to join our Post Order team with experience in Adoption/Special Guardianship matters.
The task of the Post Order Support Team is to:
- Provide and/or commission adoption/ Special Guardianship support services in relation to
- The adopted child
- The adoptive family
- The birth family
- The adopted adult
- Children on a special guardianship order
- Special guardians
- Former care leavers
- The completion of post order support assessments of need to identify families and children’s support needs and the appropriate support available for them.
- To liaise/refer children and families to our partner agencies, both statutory and voluntary including health and education, regarding therapeutic support
- To identify and commission other therapeutic resources for children and families funded through the ASF
- To make applications to the Adoption Support Fund (ASF) for therapeutic work for adoptive and special guardianship families, including those adopted from overseas. To oversee/ monitor the progression of these services and make further applications where appropriate
- To implement and review financial support arrangements
- To offer a mediation service for families having difficulties with contact arrangements.
- To provide access to records and intermediary service to adopted adults and adult care leavers requesting their adoption/care records
- Maintain a contact service, direct (face-to-face) and indirect (letterbox)
- To assist with the facilitation of the Special Guardians Support group every other month for Special Guardians to attend and discuss issues regarding their care of the children.
- To assist with facilitating social activities such as family fun days for both adopted families and special guardians.