Ainsdale St John's CE Primary School
Midday Supervior- Welfare Assistant
To ensure the safety and good behavior of all pupils during break time and assist them in acquiring good practices at lunch time in line with School Policies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- To assist teaching staff with the supervision of children’s washing of hands before the meal and the orderly entry of children into the Dining Hall
- To supervise pupils in the hall including general advice on table manners and procedures, e.g. correct use of knife and fork, returning plates and cutlery etc.
- To pour water/drinks and ensure that pupils have access to drinks
- To work co-operatively with kitchen staff
- To patrol and supervise pupils in playground areas and on school premises before and after lunch, ensuring good behavior at all times
- To assist in appropriate indoor class activities in wet weather
- To relay any information to class teachers regarding accidents/incidents that may have occurred at break time
- Resolving any problems that may arise regarding pupil discipline
- To complete any accident forms that may be required
- Cleaning of spillages: ensuring tables are clean: following school first aid procedures
- Reporting any serious incidents directly to the Head/Deputy
- To take part in any training provided for welfare staff
- Organising wet weather supervision
This job description may be amended at any time in the light of changing circumstances as and when necessary. Similar tasks may also be reasonably expected of you as and when necessary.
Ainsdale St John's CE primary school is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake Disclosure and Barring Service checks and the appointment will be subject to references.