Business Analyst – People Programme 12 month fixed term
PO6 £45,843, £48,819
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by the culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Business Analyst to join our People’s Programme team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. The strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
We have recently launched our ambitious People Strategy 2021-2025 and are work closely with our staff to help shape the delivery and bring to life our values.
We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents and staff succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Extensive experience of implementing significant change programs and business analysis in a large and complex organisation including: successfully demonstrating how KPI’s are met across various workstreams whilst successfully navigating diverse stakeholders needs.
- Must have direct experience of structuring, running and managing complex and multi stream services, business change projects, programmes and portfolios.
- Experience of engaging with users and turning user insight into outcome improvements.
- Established and verifiable specialist skills in capturing business needs including performing needs-analysis, choosing the best elicitation technique, and soliciting enterprise-level contextual analysis.
- Clear proficiency in discussing and conversing about analysis and measurements in logical and intelligible terms with key stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate complex problems and concepts in simple language to stakeholders from different disciplines.
- Experience of producing and presenting reports and other documents in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Proven ability to create a business case that balances costs and benefits. Experience of setting, monitoring, and reporting measurable performance targets.
- Ability to Influence, build trust, create rapport, utilise active listening skills and negotiate between multiple perspectives.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills under pressure; ability to craft innovative and positive solutions to complex and wide-ranging issues.
- Proactive and results-oriented results focused, with excellent interpersonal
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.