Being a foster carer is like being a parent but is also a paid professional role which involves training and support and working with other professionals such as social workers and teachers. You will provide a safe, caring home for children who cannot live their own families.
You could make a real difference to a young person’s life. We will prepare you and give you on- going training and support for your new role.
To be a foster carer with us you will need:
- The patience, humour and energy to look after a child.
- A spare bedroom for the child.
- To be a Waltham Forest resident or live in a neighbouring Borough.
We value our foster carers and reward them with what we believe to be one of the best packages for foster carers in the UK. Here are three great reasons to foster with Waltham Forest:
- Up to £476 per week which includes an allowance for the child and your professional fee
- Up to 66 per cent off your Council Tax bill if you live in Waltham Forest or a payment toward you Council Tax if you live outside of the Borough
- 24/7 dedicated social worker support
Please register your interest; https://www.fosteringwalthamforest.co.uk/about#form