We are looking for someone to work alone or within a team under the direction of the Premises manager/Supervisor, providing an efficient service of cleanliness, ensuring that all assigned areas are cleaned to the standard required within set procedures in order to ensure a clean and safe learning environment for pupils and staff.
Paid weeks per year: 44.85 weeks per year (inclusive of holiday entitlement). Additional holiday work may be required, by prior agreement.
Fixed term: Until 31st August 2022
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
- A full on-the-job training and induction programme will be provided once the successful candidate has taken up appointment. No prior knowledge, experience or qualification could, therefore, be deemed necessary
- Physical fitness, encompassing the ability to bend, stretch, lean, reach, carry heavy and awkward items and operate vacuum cleaners and floor mops
- Willingness to undertake necessary tasks of an unpleasant nature
- An aptitude for, and a willingness to be trained in modern cleaning methods and machinery (cleaning) operations
- Willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with Health & Safety procedures relevant to the role
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
If you would like further details about this post, please contact Paul Arnold, Premises Manager, on 01273 294880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 1st October at noon
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 4th October
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 294880
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.