Our vision is to be the school of choice at the heart of the community where children develop as confident, caring citizens able to discover their potential and embrace the opportunities life brings.
We are looking to appoint a Temporary Kitchen and Dining hall assistant to work with the pupils and staff at the school to encourage an enjoyable dining experience during the lunchtime serving session.
The post is for 17.5 hours per week (11.00am – 2.30pm, Monday – Friday) term time only. We are looking for the successful candidate to start during October. The post is initially for 3 months and may be extended depending on requirements.
- To carry out basic kitchen and dining hall duties as directed by the Catering Manager.
- Food Preparation of salad, baguettes, paninin's etc.
- Preparation of server counters and dining areas for service.
- Washing up and cleaning duties in the kitchen area when required.
- Prepare dining hall for use and clean up afterwards.
- Assisting pupils in the dining hall and encourage good table manners.
- Willingness to be flexible at all times and working as a team member to ensure school meals are delivered in a timely manner.
- Previous school experience preferable;
- Previous Catering experience preferable but not essential;
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience of working with children;
- Keen to learn, helpful.
- Flexible, resilient and resourceful;
- Regular training and development opportunities;
- An open, friendly, positive environment;
- Great children and supportive parents and governors;
Interviews to be held w/c 27th Sept 2021.
Further information and an application form are available from the school office.
Closing date: 20th Sept 2021.
(NB. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and we reserve the right to interview candidates prior to the published closing date)
This School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
You will be joining the school at an exciting time where as Part of the Greenshaw Learning Trust it strives to make improvements across all areas of the school.