Newham is a vibrant inner-city borough with excellent transport links to the rest of London and South-East England, including Kent, Essex, Surrey and Middlesex. We are proud to be home to one of the youngest and most diverse cultures across the country, Newham is an exciting and challenging borough that is committed to putting people at the heart of everything we do.
The Borough boasts iconic landmarks such as, Green Street, the Olympic Park, Excel centre, Westfield Shopping Centre and the University of East London. Newham is changing rapidly, benefiting from significant investment, creating new jobs, homes and opportunities for all. The Mayor of London has provided the Borough with £107 million funding through the ‘Building Council Homes for Londoners’ programme, supporting the construction of 1,100 new homes by 2022. From this we expect to see an additional 2,500 jobs created over the next decade, injecting £1.5 billion to the local economy.
About the Job
Grade: PO3 £37,722 - £40,869 pa
This role is to deliver domestic energy efficiency improvements across private sector housing and improve access to affordable warmth for householders in Newham and tackle local fuel poverty. You will deliver private sector housing outputs for the Private Sector Housing Standards Service as directed and provide a framework for interventions aimed at dealing with fuel poverty vulnerability and the impact on health.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the current local and national policy environment, future target and goals of domestic energy efficiency.
- Knowledge and application of current legislation and best practice relating to domestic energy efficiency.
- A good understanding in identifying domestic energy efficiency deficiencies and the application of appropriate remedial actions.
- Knowledge of the Energy Performance Certificate system and its use to drive local energy efficiency improvements via promotion and enforcement
- A Degree or relevant experience in building energy, energy management, sustainability or a related subject and preferably having completed a Domestic Energy Assessor’s (DEA) course or similar and registration as accredited domestic energy assessor
- Experience in dealing with members of the public and landlords/agents.
- Experience of effective partnership working and ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external partners.
For more information regarding the role please click on the link: Job Specification
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Newham is one of the youngest, most diverse, and vibrant boroughs in the UK. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects our local population. We welcome and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, including applicants who are ethnically diverse and/or applicants who have a disability.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
The Closing date for applications is 29th September 2021, however interest in this vacancy may be high and we reserve the right to close the advert early.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact email@example.com