Grade 4: 22.5 hours a week, 5 mornings a week, 1:1 with a named child
Actual salary range: £9800 per annum
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has recent and relevant experience excellent general practice within the classroom, but also with children with SEND. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, have high expectations and the ability to work flexibly.
You will be working within one of our Year 2 classes and the role will include:
- Supporting a child with ASD.
- Supporting the child to become an independent, co-operative and collaborative learner
- Contribute to assessing students’ progress and support them in reviewing their own learning.
- Identify and remove barriers to students’ learning.
- Adapt and customise curriculum materials
- Meeting class and individual needs and contributing to the development of planning and resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- You will be required to supervise the activities of the individual and groups of pupils both in and out of the classroom, including in particular, transition times during the day around school, to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development in accordance with the school's behaviour policy.
- Support with toileting and changing.
- Support at break and lunch times with eating and drinking
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills. A firm but supportive approach is required, with the intuition to know when to provide independence versus support. You will need be a strong team player and share the same strong work ethic as the rest of our school staff. You will have a nurturing and caring manner, with the safety and wellbeing of the children in your care at the centre of everything you do.
This is a temporary contract with a named child.
Closing Date for application: Tuesday 21st September 2021
Interviews will take place on: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Please include a letter of application alongside your completed application form.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our school office on 01606 74164 or email email@example.com.