Early Years Complex Needs Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the SEN Service as an Early Years Communication Support Worker (formerly Portage Worker). You will work closely with young children, their families and early years settings to provide support and modelling to help young children achieve their full potential. You will work alongside another colleague and will be part of the wider SEN Service.
This will be a varied role requiring you to work across the Borough peripatetically. The role will also incorporate training for parents and settings in how to support children to achieve their potential. Experience of working in a multiagency capacity is essential as the role requires individuals to contribute to panels and pathways within the Local Authority.
You will have/be :
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using assessment frameworks such as Ages and Stages Development Matters
- Empathy and understanding of special educational needs and disabilities and the rewards and challenges associated with this
- Excellent early years practitioner who has a solid understanding of early childhood development and a proven track record of supporting young children with special educational needs in early years
- Experience of and understanding of the Code of Practice particularly the graduated approach to supporting children
- The ability to provide sound, evidence based advice and model strategies to colleagues and parents
- Experience of supporting autistic children and their families.
Interviews will take place on 25th October.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Ami McNamee (Lead for Specialist Teaching, Advisory and Autism) on 0151 511 8571