Be supported to own and take action. Our journey, our place, your opportunity.
Make your future about shaping tomorrow. This is a council that’s brave enough to do things differently. It’s about putting people first – and ensuring every opinion counts.
Because We are Bracknell Forest.
We care about the wellbeing of Berkshire residents. And our dedicated out of hours AMHP provision helps us to protect some of our most vulnerable residents. We work with health colleagues, families and the police to assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment to help people live as independently – and fully – as possible. Our Approved Mental Health Professionals in the Emergency Duty Service specialise in delivering Mental Health Act assessments to find the least restrictive solutions. It’s a challenging role. But you’ll have excellent support from your manager, and expert guidance on hand whenever you need it. You’ll also have the time to go above and beyond, along with the chance to express your ideas about how we can make our service even better.
What it’s like working in our team…
Over the last 12 months we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that our AMHPs have the best support, training and working conditions to perform at their very best. Alongside a range of significant benefits such as local government salary and a generous annual leave package we also have a range of wider benefits such as annual leave buy back schemes, access to dental and travel plans, shopping vouchers and leisure membership; we pay attention to the health and wellbeing of our workforce. Offering mindfulness training, meditation, advice and support on healthy living, we look after you so that you can support our residents and communities to achieve their goals and ambitions. That’s not all… we are developing a range of career development, management and leadership pathways so if you are keen and eager to progress your career, you have found the right place.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To undertake and fulfil your statutory duties under the Mental Health Act 1983(as amended 2007)
- To be part of the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) EDS rolling rota providing crisis social work intervention in partnership with Berkshire safeguarding agencies 365 days a year.
- To make use of management information systems, including information technology, in the recording, retrieval and analysis of information as required by the council and in accordance with the specified procedures and complete relevant paper records.
- To ensure clear, concise, and accurate recording of work is undertaken, and good electronic and paper file management is maintained.
- To work effectively in partnership with professionals from other agencies, participate in multi-agency risk assessment and analysis to inform case management, advising where necessary and challenging decisions where appropriate.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced Approved Mental Health Professional who has excellent risk assessment and analytical skills, who is good at effective multi-agency working, with good oral and written communication skills, a team player, with the ability to prioritise and organise work effectively. We want an AMHP with good ICT literacy, who is able to deal with unrestricted demand & make decisions under pressure and who is willing to challenge professionals and public. The service requires someone with passion for good social work and who is able to support their colleagues
Interviews will be held on:
Week commencing October 4th
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name Taner Altinay
Job Title AMHP Lead
Phone Number 01344 786512
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.