About the School
Abbey School is an Independent Day and Residential Special School for people aged 4-19 with autism whom may have additional learning difficulties and behaviours that challenge families and services.
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, proactive and hard-working Learning Mentors who are committed to improving outcomes for children and young people with SEN and/or disability and their families.
About the role
This is a permanent, full-time post (term-time only), and we are seeking to appoint for a start date of 1st November 2021.
The post holder will:
- Work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and trans-disciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- Create a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- Work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support and delivering other focused interventions.
- Act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings
- Uphold Abbey School policies to protect and safeguard pupils and vulnerable adults in order to secure their health, safety and wellbeing.
For further information please download the Recruitment Pack below which contains a detailed job description and person specification.
Why work for us?
We are a supportive learning organisation with a strong commitment to staff development and wellbeing. As a member of our team you will be engaged in innovation and discovery. A comprehensive training package will be provided for all staff.
For further information please visit https://www.abbeyschool.com/