Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support.
We have learned a great deal during the pandemic and we are reviewing the future of our delivery in this context. As part of this we have placed a great emphasis on the progression of remote working and use of technology to enable us to continue working from our home locations in various geographical areas whilst still carrying out an effective service.
We have some exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants providing essential support to our practice staff members. The Service is currently in a period of redesign given a changing environment, ways of working and to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of note taking and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with a number of conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
Please note that CVs will not be accepted – you will need to complete a full person specification. Any CV only applications will not be processed.
For further details please contact Imelda Cooke – 07742 405251.
We offer up to 34 days annual leave, a final salary pension and a range of employee benefits which we will be developing further.
Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams w/c 4th October 2021.