YTKO provides innovative, award-winning business and finance support for start-ups and for growth- ambitious SMEs in both the public and private sector. We have a long and distinguished track record of delivering tangible bottom line results for our clients and are proud of our heritage of absolute equality and diversity in our business base.
Our business growth services are delivered through a blend of training workshops and peer2peer action learning cohorts (online and face to face), 1:1 business coaching, mentoring, e-learning, and commercial consultancy. We are now looking for a Learning Development Manager to join our busy team.
Overview of Role:
This role is for a full-time Learning Development Manager to support several exciting projects relating to construction training and supply chain development. These projects are funded by a number of different public sector bodies but are all tied to the improvement of the construction sector supply chain through skills and employment. If you are looking for a career driven by networking and engaging with businesses, then this role is for you.
One of the main projects which you will be involved with is the Unlocking MMC for SMEs programme in the West of England. This is a Workforce for the Future European Social Fund (ESF) programme in partnership with the West of England Combined Authority to address skills gaps for traditional SME builders in relation to Modern Methods of Construction (MMC). As a key role in the project, you will be leading the engagement and running events with colleagues and partners.
Working with a small team you will be expected to undertake the following:
- Managing relationships with training providers, delivery partners, funders and employers to support delivery of the project.
- Liaise with key MMC providers and traditional SMEs to make sure that the training is shaped by, and appropriate for, the industry.
- Ensure our client evidence records and CRM system are complete, accurate and up to date, and provide high-quality, timely, accurate and intelligent reporting in line with contract requirements.
- Ensuring training delivery is of a high quality across the subcontracted training providers.
- Delivering research activities: interviewing businesses, running workshops and compiling research reports.
- Supporting colleagues and partners in the development of standards, competency frameworks and training materials to overcome the skills gaps for traditional SME trades to work in the MMC sector.
- Supporting the Project Manager to prepare claims and deliver the project governance.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Business Engagement Coordinators to attend promotional events to engage stakeholders and potential learners.
- Act as a role model to other junior members of the team supporting and providing expertise and guidance where possible.
- Proactively develop efficient, trusted and effective working relationships at appropriate levels across a wide range of public and private sector partners and stakeholders, particularly with key partners and represent the service through attending relevant forums and meetings.
- Deliver excellent client service at all times to funders and partners. The maintenance of our quality standards and building of a strong reputation is of great importance, especially as a new provider in the area.
- Proactively seek to add value to the service, our clients, funder and partner, and the YTKO Group as a whole.
Please note the Learning Development Manager may also be called upon to complete a range of other duties for YTKO Group, as reasonably required.
- Graduate or similar industry experience
- Excellent attention for detail and communication skills
- Ability to manage different tasks and take responsibility for completing these tasks
- Experience of working with different groups of learners and supporting their needs
- Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to embrace change and development
- Excellent written and spoken English and highly IT literate, with Excel, Word, Zoom and Powerpoint
- Experience of delivering research activities and reports
- Knowledge of the construction and/or the modular housing sector
- Experience of working with employers in the construction sector – particularly SMEs
- Experience of working with FE colleges or sector skills councils
- Knowledge of public sector funds such as CITB, Adult Education Budget, European Social Fund, European Regional Development Fund etc.
- Experience of developing training materials, modules, courses, standards etc.
- Experience of working with hard to reach communities
- Some knowledge of the West of England construction or skills landscape
If this sounds like you, please click the “Apply Online” button on our website and complete our application form.
YTKO has a strong value set to which all our team have contributed to and demonstrate on a daily basis. We welcome applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability, firmly believing that a diverse and inclusive team, underpinned by a great, flexible culture, is fundamental to our success.
The closing date for applications will be 9am Monday 4th October, but as this programme is live, we may interview applicants following receipt of applications.