The starting salary for this role is £35,382 per annum based on a 36 working hour week.
Surrey County Council and partner agencies in the SEND (special educational needs and disability) system are delivering a transformation programme to strengthen support for children with SEND and their families. We are committed to ensuring the voices of children, young people, parents/carers and staff are actively informing the changes we make, and that our understanding of progress is informed by their experience of those changes.
We are looking for a highly competent self-starter to join our programme management team and lead our co-production and engagement activity. You will have experience and proven success in engaging and involving stakeholders, including young people and families, through a variety of channels including digital. You will be skilled at communicating the views and experiences of young people and their families to a variety of audiences.
It is essential that you can demonstrate the below. Please use these criteria when completing your application:
- Experience of engaging and involving service users and a range of professionals in activity to inform organisational change and/or co-production. This may be within the public sector or charity/third sector.
- Experience of working with partners at different organisations to deliver joined-up engagement activities across different channels and using a range of tools and techniques including face-to-face and online.
- Experience of making complex information and processes engaging and easy to understand for a range of audiences.
- Experience of planning and providing communications advice and challenge to senior leadership.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, with the ability to engage with different and diverse audiences using a variety of platforms.
- Adaptive and creative problem solver, able to innovate within a challenging and changing landscape.
- Effective project management, time-management, and resilience skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and to deliver to deadline.
- Able to manage complex stakeholder relationships to achieve consensus and action.
- A general understanding of the SEND system and the associated agencies/stakeholders involved, as well as the national narratives around SEND.
- A genuine interest in making a difference and delivering change for the people.
The post is based in the SEND Transformation Programme team and reports to the Service Manager for the SEND Transformation Programme with an expectation to work closely with our User Voice team.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10/10/2021 with interviews to follow.
An Enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Dowlatshahi by e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.