Grade 6- £31557-£34884pro rata 12 month Fixed Term Contract – (14.4 hours a week)
An exciting opportunity to join the Homeless Accommodation Team responsible for supporting those in need of accommodation due to their homelessness.
About the Job
To provide a customer-centred advice for those in housing need, enabling residents to make informed choices about housing options available to resolve their housing needs.
· To place homeless households into emergency and long term temporary accommodation.
· To arrange timely Move-On for households in temporary and HMO accommodation into settled private rented sector accommodation in order to discharge the Council’s rehousing duty.
· To assess applicants’ suitability for re-housing in line with legislation and the Homeless Placements Policy.
· To allocate settled private rented properties to meets a diverse range of needs from homeless households.
· To be pro-active in minimising void period on temporary and settled private rented properties by re-letting with minimum delays.
· To support tenants in temporary and settled private rented sector to sustain their tenancies.
· To carry out regular temporary accommodation occupancy reviews, ensuring that any change in housing and support need is addressed.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Joanne Rose at Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 20th September 2021, however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interview date to be confirmed.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 01708 432770
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
Please view Homeless Placement and Move-On Officer Job Profile here