Salary - £10.01 to £11.27 Per Hour
Approximately 15 hours per month, term-time only.
We are seeking an efficient and proactive Clerk to the Governing Body. This is a key role providing administrative and procedural advice and reporting to the Chair of Governors.
This post is part time, home-based working, term time only and requires a degree of flexibility from the post-holder as the schedule of meetings and workload around them can vary.
Governing Body meetings usually take place in school, in the evenings, although at present are being held via Teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committee, which involves preparing agendas in consultation with the Chair of Governors and Headteacher; taking and writing up the minutes and distributing documentation and other information to governors
- Ensure the governing body is correctly constituted
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements, including becoming familiar with the DfE’s Governance Handbook
- Effectively administer meetings
- Attending Clerk briefing sessions run by Reading Borough Council
We require someone with good listening/communication skills, together with an ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team. Good English, maths and computing skills are also essential required attributes. Experience is desirable but not essential as full training is offered.
For further information, please go to our website where you can download an application form and job description - http://www.redlandsschool.co.uk/current-vacancies.
Socially distanced visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please call the school to make an appointment - 0118 937 5527
Please email completed applications forms to email@example.com
Applications for this role will be considered on receipt.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The appointment will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, appropriate references and health clearance.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.