The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Tel: 01708 447368
Numbers on roll: 1425
Required for September 2021
Scale 1.1 - 1.3 (£20,658 - £21,408) 41.67 % FTE
Actual Salary: £8,608 - £8,921
Part time, 15 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
We seek to appoint a flexible, enthusiastic and energetic cleaner, to join our school, where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically. You will work as part of a team in a positive and busy environment, with inspiring and supportive colleagues who strive for excellence. If this describes you, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of cleaning duties. These would include:
- To carry out cleaning in all and any areas of the school.
- Frequency of cleaning to be undertaken as directed by Procedure Codes.
- Assisting with the locking and unlocking of school buildings and rooms.
- To carry out as necessary the replacement to roller towels, renewing supply of toilet rolls and replacement of bin liners.
- To assist as necessary with the cleaning up after break-in or vandalism at the school.
- In emergency situations to assist with the clearing of snow and ice from paths and entries.
- To undertake training in the correct use of cleaning equipment such as floor machines, Vacs, wets pick-ups and in health and safety and the use of cleaning chemicals.
- To notify the Headteacher of any damage to buildings and equipment or of anything you see that may be dangerous to pupils and/or staff.
- All employees are expected to show a responsible attitude to health and safety issues and have due regard for their personal safety and that of others.
Such other duties relating to the cleanliness of the school premises as may be necessary from time to time within the reasonable requirements of the Headteacher and Governing Body.
The successful candidate will need to possess good time management skills and excellent communication skills, the ability to take direction and abide by school and Health & Safety procedures and have proven inter-personal skills and a sense of humour.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019.
Our school is part of the LIFE Education Trust whose mission is to build great learning communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
As a Trust we believe in helping staff and pupils achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by 9am Monday 27th September 2021.
The School reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all parts of the community, particularly people from ethnic minorities who are currently under-represented’.
To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: www.fbaok.co.uk or check us out on Twitter @FBA_Official
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.