Brighter Futures for Children
25 hours per week, term time
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
The aim of the School Meals Service is to ensure Reading pupils receive a healthy, nutritious school meal in a pleasant dining environment and to encourage the uptake of school meals, especially those entitled to Universal Infant and Free School Meals. Provision of the school meals is via an externally appointed contractor.
- Monitoring school meal provision to ensure contractor compliance with statutory and contractual standards and KPIs.
- Complete a minimum of two audit visits per year for each school within the Service Level Agreement (SLA), using the electronic application (Cypad).
- Complete lunchtime reviews to assess and make recommendations to improve the lunchtime experience
- Engage with pupils, parents and schools to develop and increase school meal uptake and service, especially those entitled to Universal Infant and benefits-related Free School Meals
- Educated to GCSE level including English and Maths at Grade C – 4/5 or above, or equivalent qualifications
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Knowledge of kitchen practices and routines
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and food hygiene legislation and regulations in relation to catering
- Previous experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders and colleagues at all levels
For an informal discussion contact Sian Slade on Sian.Slade@brighterfuturesforchildren.org
Closing date: 23/09/2021
Interview date: 27/09/2021