18 hours per week on a rota basis which will involve evenings and alternate weekends.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a specialist short break and family support service delivering excellent and innovative services to disabled children and their families in Enfield.
Cheviots is part of Enfield’s Joint Service for disabled children. In addition to social care, the Joint Service comprises health and education professionals and works closely with local voluntary organisations, parents and children to ensure the highest quality service is provided.
You will be part of this multi-agency team delivering short breaks and family support service and must:
- have a proven ability to work with disabled children and young people who have complex needs in a professional setting
- be able to provide advice and support to families in terms of practical care and offer support and guidance in the care and management of children with complex disabilities
- be able to plan, deliver and review activity groups and play and leisure activities for disabled children and young people with complex needs
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have specialist skills to communicate with disabled children and young people
- be able to build effective partnerships with parents/carers and other professionals to achieve positive outcomes for disabled children and young people.
- Have enthusiasm, energy and be able to work flexibly between the hours of 7am – 9 pm Monday, Thursday and Friday and alternate weekends between 8am – 5pm on a rota basis, at the Centre, in family homes and in the community.
You will be offered regular supervision and there are excellent training and professional development opportunities
The Short breaks and Family Support Workers will need to demonstrate skills and knowledge in working with disabled children and their families and in their ability to organise short break activities including the supervision of staff
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing: 28th September 2021 at 23:59
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine on 0208 132 1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the drive and vision to be part of this exciting service please contact Matt Gratton – Service Manager on 0208 363 4047 or Clare Redrupp 020 8132 0340 for an informal discussion or further information.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.