Stage Technician – Reading Arts
£21,748 - £27,041 plus 15% shift allowance
Full Time- 37 hours, Permanent
About the role
The Hexagon Technical Department are looking for a Stage Technician with excellent interpersonal skills to work on get-ins, get-outs and performances and ensure the smooth running of all types of performances and events at The Hexagon Theatre, Reading Concert Hall and South Street Arts Centre.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking on the role of Duty Stage Manager, with overall responsibility for all technical aspects of the show.
- Deputising for the Stage Manager and Technical Manger where necessary.
- Supervising casual staff
- Implementing Health & Safety and emergency policies and procedures
- You will be required to do some heavy manual work
- Work long, unsociable hours; including evenings, weekends and bank Holidays
- Use ladders and access equipment and work at heights of up to and including 10 meters.
- At least one years’ full-time recent experience in similar work
- Previous experience in dealing with visiting companies and hirers
- Previous experience of first line maintenance of technical equipment
- Exemplary timekeeping
- Full clean driving licence
We offer a supportive environment where Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success