Subject Leader of Food Technology and KS3 Science Teacher (SEND)
MPS + 1 SEN Allowance (£2,270 per annum)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding teacher to join our wonderful school, teaching both Science and Food Technology. We welcome applicants from Design Technology or Science teachers, including NQTs.
Woodlane High School is a successful purpose-built community special school for pupils aged 11-16 years. In May 2019 OFSTED graded Woodlane as an Outstanding school.
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and enthusiastic teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate:
- Is an effective Science practitioner with a keen interest in Food Technology or Is an effective Food Technology teacher with a keen interest in Science.
- Is an effective practitioner looking to develop our Food Technology curriculum at Woodlane.
- Is someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
- Is keen to build on the school’s recent success in relevant Food Technology qualifications (e.g. GCSE etc.)
- Has knowledge and experience of the National Curriculum in Science at KS3.
- Has knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
- Is able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Is dedicated to raising achievement in Science and Food Technology.
- Has the ability to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
- Is an outstanding classroom teacher.
- Has a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Is able to support Woodlane’s Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Is able to raise the profile of Food Technology on a whole school basis, gaining/maintaining relevant excellence accreditations.
The school is able to offer you:
- A school which values a creative approach to teaching.
- A commitment to cross-curricular learning.
- A bright and modern school.
- Excellent opportunities for personal professional development.
- A friendly and supportive staff team, dedicated to improving pupils’ life chances.
- A management team that encourages team working, innovation and encourages staff to use solution-based thinking.
- Opportunities to work flexibly with small teaching groups.
- An experienced team of teaching assistants.
- A school ethos which celebrates achievement and encourages respect for others.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications: Monday 11th October 2021 - 9:00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 11th October 2021
Interviews planned for: Friday 15th October 2021
Position to start January 2022.