Are you looking to further develop your legal career whilst working in a flexible and driven environment? Do you have recent and relevant knowledge of legislation and an aptitude for continuous learning and development? Do you want to learn from and work with experienced solicitors? Rutland County Council are seeking to recruit a Legal Officer to provide supervised legal advice and support to the Council, its departments, committees and Senior Management Team.
- A graduate with a law degree or equivalent at 2nd class honors or above or equivalent experience.
- A confident presenter with experience building relationships with stakeholders across a business.
- A good communicator with the ability to provide accurate and appropriate legal advice and explain issues clearly and objectively.
- An organised and proactive individual able to work as part of a busy team as well as being able to work on own initiative, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and developing and implementing improved processes.
About the role…
- Acting as a paralegal within Rutland County Council and providing administrative and legal support.
- Undertaking research and preparation of briefings to provide legal advice as required.
- Working closely with the Principal Solicitor to deliver a high quality legal service.
- Carrying out all duties of the post having regard to the Council’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies, Standing Orders, Codes of Practice and Financial Regulations.
Our offer to you: We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme and an occupational health service via our HealthAssured membership. Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
Find out more: Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sarah Khawaja, Principal Solicitor on 01572827347 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow the links to apply online. If you experience difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment Team on email: email@example.com or call 01572 758343 for further information and assistance.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.