Bracknell Forest Council is a council that is brave enough to do things differently.
It is about putting the people first and ensuring every opinion counts. We set standards for how a Council should work. It's about being open and being person centred to ensure we give the best possible service we can to meet the needs of the people we support to make a real difference and have a positive impact on their life.
Because we're Bracknell Forest
To work as a member of the Connections team within the Brokerage section. To broker services in an efficient and timely manner
This post requires a flexible approach to meet citizen’s needs as they arise, to maintain high quality and personalised support. Liaising with care management teams, providers and home managers to provide consistency of support.
You will also be required to work a duty function on a rota basis to ensure the phone lines are covered between the hours of 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a small team working closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to all Individuals receiving a support service. This is a role that can be challenging but also very rewarding.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active team player with an eye for detail and a commitment to high quality customer care.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To provide an initial point of contact within the Brokerage Team. This includes responsibility for:
- Receiving requests for brokered support
- Talking to providers and care homes on capacity
- Ensuring all relevant and necessary information is accurately complete and take appropriate action in the event of omissions or errors
- To liaise with providers, care teams, citizens and other agencies, dealing with queries regarding service delivery. Ensuring that all relevant information is case noted and provided to relevant people.
- When rostered provide Duty support from 08:30 – 17:00.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of support arrangements with providers, ensuring that have relevant information has been given to enable providers to carryout an assessment of needs.
- Responsibility to ensure services are input onto LAS accurately and in a timely Completing all relevant contractual documents required for the service to commence.
- To deal with general queries, expressions of dissatisfaction, complaints and compliments regarding service delivery. Collating information and informing relevant teams for them to escalate.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
- Ability to work to defined procedures and deadlines.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new responsibilities quickly and effectively.
- Methodical, organised and accurate approach to work.
Interviews will be held on 11th October 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any quesitons about this role. Please contact:
Name: Samantha Wynne / Sue Halligan / Sam Wynne
Job Title: Operational Manager / Finance Manager
Phone Number: 01344 351654 / 01344 351841
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.