In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Disabled Facilities Grants team, ensuring effective partnership working with adult and children’s social care, contractors and other parties to deliver a timely, efficient and customer focused adaptations service to applicants.
You will ensure that the service complies with appropriate Health and Safety legislation, offers a high level of customer service and delivers good value for money. You will be expected to carry a small caseload of complex and sensitive adaptations work where a higher level of expertise or experience is required.
You will need:
- A sound technical knowledge and experience of delivering home adaptations.
- Understanding of relevant DFG/Health and safety legislation.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, a ‘can do’ attitude, and confidence to take decisions within agreed parameters.
- Knowledge of and experience of administering the DFG Test of Resources.
- Experience in delivering front line services to vulnerable and disabled customers.
- A relevant professional qualification in construction, environmental health or a related discipline is desirable.
In return, we offer a range of benefits and are committed to providing our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities; in support of their personal and professional development.
A full driving licence and use of a car is essential.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead council is geographically set in a major tourism area with tourist attractions including Windsor Castle, Legoland and Ascot Racecourse. As a Royal Borough with the Royal Family on the doorstep, it is a desirable place to live and work. There are excellent transport connections to London (30 minutes by train) from Maidenhead with the Town Hall being a ten-minute walk from the train station.
Closing date: 3 October 2021
Interviews: 12 October 2021