Are you a qualified HGV Driver? Would you like to work for a company that is working for a greener UK?
Suez is a major player in the waste and recycling industry and is seeking qualified HGV Driver/Loaders to join our busy team at Bracknell Forest Municipal Centre, Berkshire.
HGV Driver/Loaders play an important role in keeping our customers environment clean and safe, and play a crucial part in the success of Suez Recycling and Recovery Ltd.
If you are tired of being away from home and ready to work for a business that provides a good work life balance, this opportunity could be for you.
Uniform and PPE will be provided.
We also offer funded DCPC training.
Working Hours: Mondays - 6am until 3pm, Tuesday to Friday - 6am until 2.45pm
Salary: £24,718 per annum
Welcome bonus for new driver £1,200
Additional salary information: You will receive an extra 30 mins per day paid at time and a half for completing vehicle checks. £35.00 per day for completing single manned routes. £135.00 bonus is paid every January following the three days catch up after Christmas. Saturday after bank holidays are worked apart from Good Friday and paid at time and a half.
Duites will include:
- Driving, operating, and loading our Class 2 vehicles.
- Providing waste and recycling collection services to households.
- Ensuring compliance with Suez Health & Safety regulations.
- Delivering a high standard of service
- Accurately record work completed and report any collections issues that may arise.
- The work will mainly be on a Refuse Collection Vehicle.
The experience you will need:
- You must be able to demonstrate a passion for professional driving coupled with good communication skills and a willingness to be part of a successful hardworking team, delivering a high level of customer service.
- Experience of working in the waste industry is desirable though not essential, we offer in-house training and on the job training to increase your skills and knowledge.
- Experience of working with refuse collection vehicle is desirable but not essential as training will be given where necessary.
- You will get the opportunity to shadow an experienced driver for one week as part of your on the job training.
- Category C / Class 2 licence as a minimum, newly qualified drivers considered.
- Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) card
- Digital Tachograph card is desirable but not essential
- Good knowledge of tachograph laws
- Flexibility and good work ethic
- Ability to use IT such as a handheld computer
- Willingness to work overtime on occasions to ensure we meet our service obligations
- Must be willing to do driving and loading
In 2018 we were awarded by Best companies as one of the top 25 companies in the UK for employee engagement.
At SUEZ the efficient and sustainable management of resources around the globe is at the heart of everything we do. Respect – acting ethically and with integrity – is one of our core values. We’re passionate about the environment and believe in protecting our world. Over 90,000 likeminded people worldwide makes for an incredible team, where collaboration and trust are part of the way we work. With true team spirit, we can give our customers a standard of service that goes above and beyond and ensure that our local communities have access to essential water and waste services.
We thank our people for all they do with development opportunities, wide-ranging benefits and rewards that reflect their hard work. In a friendly, supportive environment, you’ll be inspired to grow and play your part in creating a better future for all.