Term Time Only (36 hours per week)
£33,706 - £41,490 per annum
PO3-5 pro rata (equivalent to NHS Band 7)
Would you like to join our superb SEND school as our first directly employed Occupational Therapist? The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated Occupational Therapist to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational Occupational Therapist who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
Purpose of the Role
To deliver a high-quality Occupational Therapy service to Woodlane High School. The school provides education and support for pupils with a range of special educational needs, including Autism, Learning Difficulties (Mild-Moderate) and Physical Impairment (Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy etc). The OT will design and deliver a universal and targeted offer for all pupils along with provision specified in Education Health and care Plans.
Pupils at the school have a variety of needs which include:
- Physical needs including transfers, equipment recommendations and supporting curriculum access
- Sensory needs including providing sensory strategies and diets for the classroom and other school environments
- Fine motor needs including handwriting, typing needs
- ADL based needs including support with dressing, toileting and mealtimes
Please see the job description for full details.
What we are seeking from our candidate:
- An exceptional and highly motivated Occupational Therapist.
- A talented and influential therapist, committed to maintaining a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and collaborative working.
- An outstanding practitioner who can inspire and coach colleagues towards best practice and create innovative approaches to support in the classroom.
- An effective decision maker who will shape and challenge the school’s approach to supporting pupils with occupational therapy needs, and has the emotional intelligence and good humour to take others with them.
- Someone who demonstrates a high level of resilience.
- Someone with a passion to develop and support colleagues to consistently outstanding practice.
- Someone who is able to effectively work in partnership with the school’s team.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
You are strongly encouraged to visit our wonderful school (should current Covid rules allow).
Closing date: Monday 4th October 2021 – 09.00am
Shortlisting date: Monday 4th October 2021 – 09.00am
Interview date: Monday 11th October 2021
Position to start as soon as possible