SQUIRRELS HEATH INFANT SCHOOL
Romford, RM2 5TP
Head Teacher Mrs Julie White
Tel 01708 446476
Relief Midday Supervisors required to start as soon as possible
Location: Squirrels Heath Infant School, Salisbury Road, Romford, RM2 5TP
Hours: 12pm - 1.05pm as required
Salary: Grade 1/2 point 1 hourly rate £11.01 + £1.32 holiday pay
Squirrels Heath Infant School is a happy and caring community where all are valued and supported to be the best they can be. We promote a love of learning, develop creative thinking and recognise the interests of our pupils through high quality learning experiences carefully tailored to meet each unique child.
We are looking for committed and reliable relief mid-day assistants to join our team of lunchtime support staff. You will contribute to making lunchtimes happy, productive and safe for all of our children including assisting pupils with their medical, physical and care needs.
A Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting and supporting the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime;
- Supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat including encouraging the correct use of knife and fork and table etiquette and behaviour;
- Promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- Ensuring that our pupils have the best lunchtime possible.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent organisation skills
- The ability to communicate and co-operate effectively with children and adults
- Be able to work as part of team and on their own initiative
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent self-initiated problem solving skills
- Be positive, motivated, pro-active and fun!
- Be flexible and a committed team player
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: 1st October 2021 - 12 noon.
(The school reserves the right to interview prior to the closing date)