We are seeking a new Assistant Director of Quality Assurance and Practice Development who will provide strong direction and leadership to Children and Adult’s Services across the Council and multi-agency partnership.
We are seeking an experienced manager and leader in children’s services work, a qualified social worker who can;
- Demonstrate proven senior management experience in a large, complex organisation.
- Bring a strong track record of service improvement and raising standards with experience in quality assurance work.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, inspire and influence staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Share our commitment to improving outcomes for all children and young people and tackling injustice, inequality and racism.
- Possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of quality practice.
- Have an excellent, up to date awareness of the professional agenda and relevant legislation.
Working with partners and stakeholders you will champion the interests of children and young people and their families, ensuring a relentless focus on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
You will manage a group of service managers and be responsible for quality assurance work for child protection and safeguarding, children in care and care leavers as well as audit and learning and practice development functions. You will have a key role in leading responsibility for our data and related performance system, inspection readiness and children’s rights and participation work.
In a vibrant large inner London borough, with a good track record of delivery and innovation, there are still challenges to tackle alongside great opportunities.
To be successful, you will need to have a strong strategic grasp, a commitment to innovation and integrated working and a good track record of delivering outcomes for children and young people that have made a real difference.
For an informal discussion and to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Alasdair Smith on 0207 525 0654 or email email@example.com
The salary for this role is £76,074 to £95,700 per annum, plus £3,503 JNC benefits (pro-rata per annum, subject to review); the starting salary is dependent on background and experience with salary progression dependent on performance.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check
Closing date: Sunday 3rd October 2021 at 23:59.
Interview date: week commencing 11th October 2021.
To apply please click here https://jobs.southwark.gov.uk/jobs/assistant-director-quality-assurance-practice-development-sc04449