Spelthorne Senior Occupational Therapist
Full time (36 hours per week) £38,419 to £46,444 per annum (dependant on experience and qualifications)
We are looking to appoint an experienced, qualified, and registered Occupational Therapist who will provide a practical / client centred service to elderly and disabled Spelthorne residents and their carers to achieve maximum independence, assist hospital discharge and prevention of hospitalisation.
Working directly with the Spelthorne DFG and Housing Options team’s and includes assisting with the Adaptations and allocation of properties to meet specific needs.
This is a fulfilling role that requires the ability to think on your feet, communicate well with others and be adaptable to ever changing priorities. Your role will include working with people who are often vulnerable so will need a caring disposition and must be able to remain calm in all circumstances. You will be enthusiastic and motivated and have excellent communication and customer care skills.
The main duties of the post include:
- Be part of a multi-skilled team that includes: DFG and Technical Officers, Social prescribers, independent living Services and Adult Social Care colleagues.
- Provide a professional Occupational Therapy service to adults and Children in Spelthorne, their families, and carers in line with national legislation, local policy and procedures.
- Promote wellbeing and independence by completing complex occupational assessments, proportionate support plans and by using specialist equipment, adaptations, skills gain and risk management programmes
We are looking for the following:
- Experience of working within a social care or community focused multi-disciplinary setting.
- Ability to complete person centred and proportionate OT assessments. Familiarity with moving and handling equipment such as hoists and stand aids.
- Knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual, carer and family.
- Continuing professional development.
- Applicants must have and maintain current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and adhere to the HCPC standards for conduct, performance and ethics.
It is essential that the successful applicants have a full driving licence and their own transport. In return we offer excellent conditions of service, with a benefits package that includes pension scheme and at least 23 days paid leave per year.
An enhanced DBS check will also be required.
Closing date: Tuesday 19 October 2021 (Noon)
Interview date: Friday 22 October 2021
Full information and an application form are available at www.surreyjobs.info or www.spelthorne.gov.uk.
Alternatively, please contact Recruitment Services on (01784) 444263 (24 hour answer phone) quoting reference 964
Working towards equal opportunities
Strictly No Agencies