Job Title: Equality & Diversity Officer
Location: Stevenage or Hertford (Flexible working will be considered)
Salary Range: £27,741- £30,451 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
As our In-House Equality & Diversity Officer you will drive and support the co-ordination of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives pioneered by our Diversity and Inclusion Board. You will act as subject matter expert, offering advice and support to managers and colleagues on topics relating to ED&I, including related legislation and codes of practice.
A key element of this role is to engage with our managers and staff groups to ensure positive interpretation and mainstreaming of the ED&I agenda. You will analyse and present results from surveys and various other information gathering exercises to demonstrate progress in achieving our goals and desired outcomes.
About the job:
- Provide support to In-House Services in the coordination and delivery of specific projects in collaboration with our ACS Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Board work programme.
- Undertake audits and implement subsequent action plan on key D&I policies such as recruitment panels. Design and deliver practical events to share organisational development guidance; good practice and implement initiatives from the ACS D&I board.
- Work with heads of service and senior managers across In-House Services to agree annual service plan targets and D&I monitoring approach. Responsible for logging current D&I work and producing an annual internal D&I report for Community and Specialist Services.
- Produce proposals relating to career progression; apprenticeships and continuing professional development to support accelerated staff development to reduce inequalities over time, through positive action.
- Act as a service link with ACS D&I Board and work closely with Human Resources & Organisation Development colleagues.
- With appropriate guidance from the Workforce & Development Manager, perform a Business Partnering role, providing D&I advice to managers within Community & Specialist Services.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline and/or relevant experience.
- An excellent understanding and experience of advancing the ED&I function within a public sector organisation is desirable, but not essential.
- Confident communicator and an ability to adapt to a wide range of stakeholders when presenting complex ideas and solutions, with a creative approach to keeping D&I at the forefront.
- In-depth knowledge of national D&I legislation and initiatives.
- Ability to work alone whilst acting as a critical friend to senior managers and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to network, develop positive relationships, motivate and create enthusiasm at all levels within HCC and partner organisations.
- Ability to draw out key points from data/information and clearly summarise findings
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Hilat Ozcan on 01438 844 435
Closing date: 31/10/2021
Interview date: 11th & 12th November 2021