Job Title: Debt Recovery Officer
2 Full time (37 hr week)
Grade / Salary: Grade 5 (£22,183 - £24,491)
Are you an experienced Debt Recovery Officer who knows how to maximise income collection?
The role will require you to:
To take responsibility for recovering outstanding Debt (excluding Council Tax and Business Rates) may is due to the Council.
The role will entail but not limited to:
- A mixture of inbound/outbound calls
- Producing reports to aid collections
- Minimising arrears and maximising income collection
- Taking enforcement action where necessary
- Working to targets and KPIs
- Completing other tasks assigned to the team on a regular basis including emails.
To apply for this role, you must have the following:
- Previous Debt recovery experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Target driven to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload
- Good level of IT and analytical skills including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be a fast learner (training will be provided within this role)
For further information please contact Andrew Kupusarevic – Head of Income and Assessments
Mobile: 07920 785784
Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer