Weekend Meals-on-Wheels Driver – working in the Cobham area
Community Support Services
Hours: 4 hours per fortnight, 11.30am – 1.30pm on each of Saturday and Sunday. 2 hours (11.30am – 1.30pm) on Public Holidays
Salary: £11.53 - £12.02 per hour
Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our Meals-on-Wheels service-users when you deliver a vital and welcome weekend hot meal to them in the Cobham area? Would you like to be part of a dedicated and inspiring team working for and with their community? Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people and people with disabilities? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we would love to hear from you?
Working with energetic and dedicated teams at our Hersham and Cobham Centres for the Community, you will be delivering hot meals to our Meals-on-Wheels service-users in the Cobham area. However, there is more to your role than just ensuring meals are delivered efficiently and in a timely manner. You will play a vital and welcome role in supporting the wellbeing of our older and more vulnerable residents.
As Community Support Services we are committed to providing welcome support to our Elmbridge communities and, in particular, our older residents. We have continued to work during the pandemic, making the difference for our residents. In addition to the Meals-on-wheels service, we provide, for example
- Lunchtime meals and a programme of thriving social and wellbeing activities at our seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme via Elmbridge Dementia Services
- Specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
About the role
- You will be providing vital and welcome support at weekends to older people and people with disabilities by using your own vehicle to collect hot meals from our Hersham Centre for the Community, and then delivering them in the Cobham area.
- You have a friendly and caring attitude, are confident in working alone as well as being a team player, who communicates effectively with older people and carers.
- You have a cool head, and can quickly recognize and act appropriately when someone needs help.
- You will have access to a vehicle insured for business purposes.
If you would like to know more, please call Mark Mortimer-Cleevely, Manager of our Cobham Centre for the Community, or Rebecca De Lay, Manager of our Cobham Link service on 01932 596031.
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021.