The Governors of St John’s CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a Premises Officer who has the ability, motivation and commitment to assist with the smooth running of our happy, busy school.
The position is permanent, part-time: 22.50 hours over 5 days (2:00 pm – 6:30 pm, adjustments to timings maybe considered).
About the role:
As the Premises Officer at St. John’s CE Primary School, you will be an integral part of our team. You will be responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school premises. You will be responsible for the upkeep and repairs of the school and ensure that all repairs and maintenance ( by yourself or qualified trades people) are carried out to the highest standard and that the facilities and the environment of the school are safe and comfortable for the children, staff and visitors.
You will assist in some of the monitoring and testing of building systems, such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, to ensure the school meets its legal obligations under regulatory compliance.
You will receive a comprehensive induction programme to support a confident transition into the role as well as continued professional development and training.
We are seeking candidates:
- With hands on experience in a maintenance role or similar
- With a ‘can do’ attitude
- Who is a team player
- Committed to high standards of health and safety.
- Able to relate well to adults and children.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong Christian ethos, committed to ‘seeking life in all its fullness’ for all at St. John’s School
- A supportive working environment with committed staff who are willing to help each other and work together as part of a team
- A comprehensive induction programme to support a confident transition into the role
- Continued professional development and training
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.