1.0 SEN Teacher
College Hall Pupil Referral Unit is no ordinary educational setting, something all our young people pick up on straight away. Most have a history of complex life circumstances and social, emotional or mental health needs, and it’s up to all our staff to help them find the confidence they need to reveal the bright personality that’s inside. We are expanding our provision and are seeking skilled teachers who are passionate about making a difference.
Our pupils have often experienced significant life challenges and have unmet needs. Strong relationships and empathy are at the heart of everything we do. When pupils join us, they are welcomed by flexible and caring staff who understand that all behaviour is a form of communication and who will help them to develop emotional resilience.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified teacher to join our expanding provision. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to excellent education and family support.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Able to build strong positive relationships to ensure our vulnerable and disadvantaged pupils maintain the capacity to learn in order that they are prepared for their next phase of education and life
- Able to ensure commitment to the school’s trauma and mental health informed approach and understand the learning needs of pupils impacted by attachment and trauma
- Be a Qualified Teacher (holding QTS or equivalent) or willing to work towards achieving QTS.
- Current successful teaching experience at KS3 and KS4.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of supporting pupils with SEMH.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in delivering lessons up to GCSE effectively
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt. We reserve the right to close the advert early should the right candidate apply.
If you’ve got what it takes to be a role model in our supportive environment then we’d love to hear from you. For further information please contact the school and ask for Clare Leahy or visit www.collegehall.org.uk
West Road, off Old Wokingham Road, Wokingham, RG40 3BT
Tel: 0118 989 3378