About the role
As a forward-thinking local authority, that continues to change and evolve we are expanding our team in order that our officers can work more proactively with our tenants and communities. We want every interaction with residents, customers and colleagues to be the very best experience we can make it. Therefore, we are looking for two new Housing Officers to join our team.
We are looking for officers who can work across the borough working with introductory, fixed term and secure tenants as well as support community when necessary.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Focus and commitment to help and support communities.
- A can-do attitude; trustworthy and dependable.
- The ability to listen and extract and assess important information.
- A commitment to embracing change and support and encourage community change.
- Methodical, with an eye for detail.
- Be able to act on their own initiative and take ownership and responsibility.
- A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience.
- Housing Management knowledge and experience would be preferable
- Working with customers, colleagues and other professionals in a polite, respectful and supportive manner in different arenas.
- The ability to work in a multi-agency environment.
If you have excellent communication, organisational and IT skills, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for someone with some experience in a similar role but are also keen to train and develop the right people to work with us.
You will be expected to work across all areas of the borough and therefore a driving license is essential for this post.
Closing Date: 4th November 2021
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.