BUSINESS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
12 full time permanent posts
1 x 18 hour permanent post
Sefton Council’s Children’s Social Care are undertaking an improvement and expansion programme and are looking to appoint a number of business support assistants to make a difference supporting social workers and team managers. The role will entail general and financial administrative duties and clerical work in a busy office environment.
The ideal candidate will have proven clerical experience, be a team player and be able to work with set timeframes within a pressurised environment. Applicants will be expected to have excellent word processing skills, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of maintaining manual and computerised records and/or management information systems. With key communication skills, you will be expected to provide a variety of duties including mail and reception tasks whilst working in busy and rewarding surroundings.
The ability to deal confidentially with matters of a sensitive nature is an essential part of this role.
We have a number of posts that will be supporting different Children’s Social Care Teams ranging from Fostering, Safeguarding and Locality Services Teams to name a few. The majority of the posts are based in the south of the borough (Bootle and Netherton) with a few postings available in Southport.
In return, we will provide
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role, please contact Julie on telephone 07907572459.
Closing date 31 October 2021