Pay Band E / SCP 7 – 11
£20,092 - £21,748 per annum pro rata
Actual Salary: £13,577 - £14,696 per annum
Contract Type – Fixed Term
(salary negotiable within this range subject to experience)
27.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday (flexibility will be required)
Term time only – 46 weeks worked per year
Start Date – Wednesday, 5 January 2022
The Governors of St Margaret Mary’s Infant School invite applications from enthusiastic Sports Coaches who have a clear vision and commitment to learning.
Please note this post is a fixed term/temporary roll subject to funding
As a school, we can offer:
- Dedicated, hardworking and friendly colleagues
- Polite and motivated pupils who are keen to learn
- An excellent support network including a strong locality group and informed Governors
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an inspirational Sports Coach, who demonstrates experience of coaching or teaching young people, ideally in a school, club or community setting.
- Has a passion for sports and demonstrates creative and innovative approach to sports.
- Be committed to raising attainment, aspiration and self-esteem of pupils in early years and key stage one (ages 3-7).
- Have high expectations of pupil’s attainment and behaviour
- Be committed to our inclusive and caring environment and the achievement of every pupil in our care
- Have the ability to develop good relationships with children, staff, parents and our local community
- Will work strategically alongside Teachers, Support Staff and the Senior Leadership of the school
- Be supportive of our Catholic ethos and mission
- Have lots of energy, enthusiasm and a sense of fun
Has an outstanding knowledge of the National Curriculum for Physical Education and aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, 2 satisfactory references, and verification of qualifications and eligibility to work in the UK.
Application packs are available from our school website https://www.stmargaretmarysinfant.com/information/vacancies and should be returned via email to Samantha Lackey (School Business Manager) - Samantha.Lackey@knowsley.gov.uk.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact the school office 0151 477 8815 to arrange this.
Closing Date: Friday, 19 November 2021, midday
Short listing Date: Wednesday, 22 November 2021
Interview Date: Monday, 29 November 2021 (Time to be arranged)